| This article has been tagged for rescue. Please review the deletion discussion and help improve the article to make clear whether it meets Wikipedia's inclusion and notability criteria. You may edit this article to add reliable sources, and address other concerns raised in the discussion.
|Service/branch||20px Canadian Forces/Land Force Command|
|Commands held|| 1st Bn Royal Canadian Regiment|
2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group
|Battles/wars|| Bosnian War|
War in Afghanistan
|Awards|| Commander of the Order of Military Merit|
Meritorious Service Cross
Canadian Forces Decoration
Educated at the University of Western Ontario, Devlin was commissioned into The Royal Canadian Regiment in 1978. Devlin served in an operational role in Cyprus between 1984 and 1985 and in the Former Yugoslavia in 1992. In 1994, following his experiences in the Former Yugoslavia, Devlin published a report which was highly critical of the fact that the international community "had no International Peacekeeping Training Centre".
He was appointed Deputy Commanding General of III (US) Corps and Fort Hood, Texas in 2005 and deployed with the Corps to Iraq. He was Deputy Commanding General of the Multi-National Corps – Iraq from 2006 to 2008 - in that capacity he told the Washington Post that the Multi-National Force was giving "greater legitimacy to the effort here in Iraq." However he also wrote a report in April 2006 that painted "a grim picture of the forces' chances of beating Al-Qaida from the previously troubled Anbar province in Western Iraq". In 2008 he was made Deputy Commander of the Canadian Expeditionary Force Command.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Senior Officer Biography
- ↑ What's New April 11, 2010
- ↑ Devlin, P.J., An International Peacekeeping Training Centre Canadian Forces College Command & Staff Course New Horizons Paper, 1994
- ↑ Canadian General Takes Senior Command Role in Iraq Article by Jon Elmer and Anthony Fenton, January 24, 2008
- ↑ Canada's army gets a new boss, Sun Media, June 19, 2010
- ↑ Canada to get new army boss Windsor Star, March 31, 2010
- ↑ Canadian Army To Get New Commander
- ↑ Devlin named Canada's new army chief CBC.ca, June 21, 2010
Template:Start box |- ! colspan="3" style="background: #CF9C65;" | Military offices
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|