| This article has been tagged for rescue. Please review the deletion discussion and help improve the article to make clear whether it meets Wikipedia's inclusion and notability criteria. You may edit this article to add reliable sources, and address other concerns raised in the discussion.
|Memories of Murder|
|Directed by||Robert Lewis|
|Written by||John Harrison|
|Distributed by||Viacom Productions|
|Release date(s)||July 31, 1990|
|Running time||104 minutes|
Memories of Murder is a 1990 made for television action/crime film starring Nancy Allen. It was also known as Passing through Veils. The film was the first of many original films that would be produced for the Lifetime Television Network, and due to its popularity would subsequently be released on VHS and DVD. Musical personality Vanity co-starred.
Nancy Allen portrays the character of Jennifer, a woman who is suffering from amnesia to the extent that does not even recognize her husband and daughter. Extremely confused and tormented she desperately seeks to piece together her life and in doing so stumbles upon some startling secrets from her shadowy past. She discovers that a a female killer connected to her from her earlier life is intent on stalking her and seeking revenge by killing her and her family.
- Nancy Allen as Jennifer Gordon
- Nick Benedict as Mr. Bates
- Olivia Brown as Brenda
- Linda Darlow
- Don S. Davis
- Jerome Eden as Store Manager
- Robyn Simons as Amy
- Robin Thomas as Michael
- Vanity as Carmen
A review by Chris Willman of the Los Angeles Times called the film "amazingly pedestrian" in terms of its mystery. Daniel Ruth of the Chicago Sun-Times wrote that he "couldn't keep track" of what was happening in the plot. A review by Entertainment Weekly gave it a "D" grade.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "TV Review: Memories of Murder" - Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ Thomas Riggs (2005), Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television, http://books.google.com/books?id=FORkAAAAMAAJ
- ↑ "NANCY ALLEN STARS IN A LIFETIME FIRST" - Orlando Sentinel
- ↑ "A Lifetime of `Memories'" - Chicago Tribune
- ↑ Jet 78 (20): 62, 27 Aug 1990
- ↑ "Toronto", Hollywood Reporter 311, 1990, http://books.google.com/books?id=BBsIAQAAMAAJ
- ↑ "Memories of a Murder (1990)". Turner Classic Movies. http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=472094&atid=0. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- ↑ "TV REVIEW Temporary Amnesia No Excuse for Forgettable `Memories of Murder'" - Los Angeles Times
- ↑ "Lifetime's movie, Norville's `Sex'lack excitement" - Chicago Sun-Times
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|