| This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2007)
| This article has been tagged for rescue. Please review the deletion discussion and help improve the article to make clear whether it meets Wikipedia's inclusion and notability criteria. You may edit this article to add reliable sources, and address other concerns raised in the discussion.
Jungle Planet (Also called the Beast Planet on occasion) is a fictional planet home to bestial Transformers in the animated television program, Transformers: Cybertron; it is referred to as Animatros in the Japanese version of the series, Transformers: Galaxy Force.
The ship that transported the Cyber Planet Key to this world was called Hyperborea. Home of one of four Cyber Planet Keys (which exists in the form of a statue called the Beast Totem) and ancient Transformer colonies sent to reacquire them. A lush, green planet (albeit one beset by dangerous volcanic and seismic activity, as well as intense lightning storms and monstrous plants) the Jungle Planet Transformers took animal alternate modes, but for a time, were leaderless, leaving their world torn by violence and poverty. Many were taken under the tulage under Zen-master Backstop in the way of non-violence and self-defense.
Eventually, Scourge, a student of Backstop, grew impatient with his people's suffering, and forced a rebellion against those taking advantage of the chaos, strong-arming his way into leadership position in a series of battles to determine who would be strong enough to become leader. Corrupted by his newfound power and position, Scourge forced a "peace through tyranny" campaign, bringing his people the peace and prosperity he promised them, but only through a dictatorship ruled by the credo of 'might makes right'.
However, Scourge couldn't totally rid himself of his old master's teachings, and he enforced a strict series of laws regulating disputes being settled only through formal duels of strength, with sabotage and especially unjustified death of a defeated foe as the planet's highest offense. Overhaul was sent to acquire the Planet Key here, and was transformed into Leobreaker as a result. Eventually, he and the other inhabitants of the planet convinced Optimus Prime to rethink his credo of non-interaction with local customs in order to acquire the Key.
The Hyperborea ship would later carry the people of Jungle Planet to safety (along with another ship, Ogygia), after the planet was consumed by the Black Hole. However, when the Black Hole was destroyed, the planet was restored.
When the Autobots attempted to use a gigantic rocket to move the Jungle Planet back into its orbit, Galvatron attacked damaged the rocket. The Jungle Planet threatened to crash into Cybertron. The combined strength of Scourge, the Autobots, the former Decepticons (Dark Crumplezone, Ransack, Thunderblast and Thundercracker), and their allies from the various planets were able to combine their strength and move the rocket back into place.
Jungle Planet TransformersEdit
A common characteristic amongst Jungle Planet denizens is that they all wield melee-type weapons. Snarl stands out, because his weapon can double as a sword or a rifle.
- Scourge (Flame Convoy) - The dictator of Jungle Planet. Scourge transforms into a Dragon.
- Snarl (Fang Wolf) - One of Backstop's students and once Scourge's friend. Served as one of Scourge's underlings until he was labeled a traitor. He allied with the Autobots. Snarl transforms into a Gray Wolf.
- Backstop (Saidos) - Scourge and Snarl's teacher. He transforms into a Rhinoceros.
- Undermine (Dino Shout) - He is a renowned hunter and one of Scourge's underlings. Transforms into a Spinosaurus. He seems to have been one of Backstop's students as well.
- Brimstone (Tera Shaver) - One of Scourge's underlings. Brimstone transforms into a Pteranodon.
- Wreckloose - One of Scourge's underlings who specializes in ambushes. Transforms into a Komodo dragon. Exists only in the toy-line. In 2006 a special edition of Wreckloose was available in Walmart stores which contained a DVD with the episode "Cybertron" as a promotional item - despite the fact that he wasn't in that episode.
- Repugnus - Transforms into a Spinosaurus. In the toyline, he's Undermine's brother and in the same category as Snarl and Backstop.
Some transformers, while not from the Jungle Planet, had Jungle Planet Cyber Keys.
- Dark Scorponok - A new form of Scorponok from Transformers: Energon who found himself on Jungle Planet and fell into Scourge's service.
- Leobreaker - Gets a Cyber Planet Key Upgrade, and is reformated into a Lion. Leobreaker chooses to stay with the Autobots, over moving to the Jungle Planet.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|