| This article has been tagged for rescue. Please review the deletion discussion and help improve the article to make clear whether it meets Wikipedia's inclusion and notability criteria. You may edit this article to add reliable sources, and address other concerns raised in the discussion.
Cairo International Model United Nations (CIMUN) is a collegiate level organization that is based in Cairo, Egypt. The CIMUN program is the oldest student activity on the American University in Cairo (AUC) campus and is currently recognized as one of the largest inter-collegiate Model United Nations program outside of North America.
In 2010, CIMUN won the Outstanding Delegation Award while at the National Model United Nations Conference in New York. While this is the second time the group has won the award, this time is considered more important because the group was representing their own country, Egypt.
Its annual March conference is now the largest of its kind in the Middle East. Its primary goal is to increase student interest in and awareness of the United Nations and international affairs. In 2005 a fund was made in honor of Nadia Younes under which a conference and meeting room for the support of the Model United Nations was created.
The following is a list of notable keynote speakers at past March conferences:
- Nabil El Araby ICJ judge
- Kofi Anan
- Boutros Ghali
- Suzanne Mubarak
- Amr Moussa
- Ali El Din Helal
- Ahmed Maher
Keynote speakers by year:
- 1999 —
- 1996 —
- 1997 —
- 1998 —
- 1999 —
- 2000 — Youssef Boutros Ghali, El-Sayed Yassin, and Ibrahim Kamel
- 2001 —
- 2002 —
- 2003 —
- 2004 —
- 2005 —
- 2006 —
- 2007 —
- 2008 —
- 2009 —
- 2010 —
- ↑ "Cairo International Model United Nations (CIMUN)" - Munworld
- ↑ Sosostris, Madame (2003). "Pack of Cards". Al Ahram. http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2003/634/pe1.htm. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- ↑ "Multilateral diplomacy and the United Nations today" - Google Books
- ↑ "AUC Students Win Outstanding Delegation Award at the National Model United Nations" - The American University in Cairo
- ↑ "AUC Wins Outstanding Delegation Award In New York" - Al Bawaba
- ↑ "AUC Ranks Second At 2007 Model United Nations Conference In New York" - The American University in Cairo
- ↑ "From MUN to the Real United Nations" - AUC Today
- ↑ Rabie, Passant (16 March 2008). "Model UN celebrates 20 years of development". Daily News Egypt. http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=12515. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- ↑ "What's On in Cairo: Conferences" - Wanted in Africa
- ↑ El Alfy, Farah (3 December 2005). "A true inspiration". Daily News Egypt. http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=229. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- ↑ http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2000/471/people.htm
- Official Website
- El Sayed, Nadine (12 March 2006). "CIMUN pushes students to lead". Caravan. http://datacenter.aucegypt.edu/caravan/pdf/caravan_06_03_12.pdf. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- "Celebrating International Women’s Day in the American University in Cairo" - The Suzanne Mubarak Women’s International Peace Movement
- "Cairo Model UN inaugurates its 19th session" - Daily News Egypt
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|